Operations and Customer Care Manager
What do we do at Eugene?
We help people make important healthcare decisions with convenient access to at-home genetic tests and virtual clinical care. We take a clinician-led, tech-enabled approach to deliver accessible, compassionate and proactive healthcare at scale.
Since launching our first at-home genetic test to guide pregnancy planning in 2018, we’ve grown an average of 20% month-on-month and have raised over $1.5m, backed by some of the best and brightest in the health, startup and social impact investor community. Since then we’ve also launched a cancer risk test, and there’s a whole lot more to come.
Eugene is looking for an amazing human to join our operations and customer care team to support our patients and practitioners. We believe that delivering an exceptional customer experience is one of the most important and essential roles in the company. You will learn the ins-and-outs of the product, operations, and the needs of the customer.
The position has flexible hours and requires part-time onsite work at the Eugene HQ in Richmond. Here are some of the things you’ll do on a day to day basis:
- Partner with the clinical and product teams to ensure we deliver consistent, high quality, medical care and customer service.
- Wear many hats – we need someone who can do many things well with little hand holding and can easily pivot as priorities shift and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Own it from ideas to execution – we’d love someone who can help us create new processes, improve current workflows and make operations more efficient.
Operations & Logistics:
- Act as the key point of contact between Eugene and our members and testing laboratory to manage our inbound stock & outbound fulfillments.
- Pack and send sample collection kits to new members. Consolidate and send customer samples to our testing laboratory.
- Process improvement: Identify efficiency improvements and introduce appropriate systems, processes and controls to automate processes and improve quality
- Growing the team: As Eugene scales, you will build out the team required to support our operations.
- Vendor management: Manage vendors, carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
- Deliver amazing service to our providers and customers.
- Create effective customer service procedures, policies, standards and coordinate with the team to meet customer satisfaction goals.
- Respond to customer service issues in a timely manner and triage clinical care requests – this might be via phone, SMS, email or other means.
You are looking for:
- A flexible workplace that recognises everyone has responsibilities and joys outside work.
- Challenging, meaningful work that has a positive impact on the lives of our customers.
- Collaboration with a helpful and encouraging team that welcomes you, your ideas and your lived experience.
- A role where you can grow into a leadership position as our team grows.
- An environment where you will learn something new every day from new healthcare technologies to product development and leadership.
- A company that is committed to doing well by doing good.
- 2+ years experience in operations management
- Experience in healthcare and/or scaling startups is a huge bonus
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Past success in managing projects & processes from ideation to implementation
- Are dedicated to delivering excellent customer service while remaining calm, flexible and invested in the user’s journey
- Are tech-savvy and open to learning new technologies.
- Exceptional organisational skills and great follow-through on tasks
- Experience owning training content, demonstrated ability to identify good processes
How to apply
If you think you would be a great fit for Eugene but don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above we still encourage you to apply.