Head of growth
Our mission is to make the best in healthcare advances accessible to all.
Today, Eugene helps people make important healthcare decisions with at-home genetic tests and expert virtual care. We’re bringing genomics into everyday care by automating a complex medical process and making it super simple for individuals and their doctors.
Since launching our first at-home genetic test to guide pregnancy planning in 2019, we’ve earned the trust of thousands of customers and clinicians alike. Since then we’ve also launched a cancer risk test, and there’s a whole lot more to come.
Now we’re gearing up to take on some awesome growth opportunities as we launch new products and into new markets and we want your help to take Eugene to the next level! 💙
About the role
You’re taking charge of Eugene’s marketing and growth. You will build and lead the growth team, get your hands dirty by continually implementing and testing initiatives across our B2B and B2C channels to unlock scalable acquisition strategies, and create a strong, trusted brand to help scale the business nationally and globally.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Growth will need to quickly develop an intimate understanding of the product, customers, and the company’s value proposition — we’ve got a wealth of clinical experts in the team that will help you get there! You are an energetic, entrepreneurial, and collaborative people leader with practical experience in B2C and B2B marketing within a fast-moving, technology-led business. Demonstrated experience in building high-performance teams from scratch is a huge plus. A strong product marketing background, and expertise in email marketing, marketing/sales automation and marketing technologies is essential.
- Define and develop Eugene’s GTM, customer and brand strategy for new and existing products to maximise customer growth.
- Attract, develop, and retain a hardworking team and ensure the people, process and tools are aligned and integrated to enable excellence.
- Establish, track, execute and measure OKRs for the growth department in partnership with the leadership team. Accurately forecast monthly revenue, set performance goals for the team and manage growing budgets with ease.
- Take a data-first approach in prioritising and driving B2B and B2C growth marketing strategies to ensure high ROI for activities with a focus on improving LTV:CAC
- Effective pipeline management via our HubSpot CRM, tracking and driving the key activities required to achieve our growth goals.
- Test and refine our marketing messages to ensure that our unique offer, ethos and approach is clearly communicated to our target audiences.
- Experiment and identify B2C channels to test, run tests, perform customer/audience segmentation analysis and find ways to optimise these channels.
- Develop and execute initiatives to find product-market fit for new products. Then, develop and execute GTM launch plans, factoring in all your market and customer experiments/research, competitor positioning and our key product attributes and value proposition.
- Run down new, innovative growth tactics such as affiliate, partnerships, referral and more in search of scalable sources of customer growth within our CAC ranges.
What you’re looking for:
- A leadership role that’s evolving from player to coach as the team grows.
- A flexible workplace that recognises everyone has responsibilities and joys outside work.
- Challenging, meaningful work that has a positive impact on the lives of our customers.
- Collaboration with a helpful and encouraging team that welcomes you, your ideas and your lived experience.
- An environment where you will learn something new every day from new healthcare technologies to product development and leadership.
- A company that is committed to doing well by doing good.
- 7+ years on the growth or marketing team in a high-growth consumer or technology business where you have been directly responsible for sustained high growth outcomes.
- You have successfully built a go-to-market model and a high performing growth team from the ground up.
- Healthcare experience is not required. We’ve got a heaps of clinical experts to help you get across our products!
- You have led B2C marketing models that drive users into a self-serve digital experience and manages their lifecycle.
- Ideally, you have also led B2B marketing strategies that generate leads for a sales team, and you have worked closely with sales or success teams where they’ve reported into you.
- Deep understanding of best practices across key growth marketing channels. Experience in healthcare is a bonus, but not required.
- Data savvy with a bias towards analytics and measurement, and extensive experience with having your work measured against or towards key financial performance metrics (i.e. Revenue, CAC and LTV)
- Strong desire for testing (channel, campaign, & creative) combined with demonstrated rigor around testing methodology, objective setting, and KPI tracking
- Ability to serve as a player/coach: can develop more junior talent, manage cross-functional partners and also execute strategies based on need.
- Proven track record of developing people, process and tools that enable teams to achieve peak performance.
- Ability to communicate complex information in an easily understood and thoughtful manner.
How to apply
Click here to apply and provide a short answer to the following questions:
- Whats a marketing campaign in the healthcare space have stood out to you in recent times? Why?
- What challenges do you think Eugene would face in scaling the business?
If you think you would be a great fit for Eugene but don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above we still encourage you to apply.