Head of Care
Our mission is to make the best in healthcare advances accessible to all.
Eugene helps people make important healthcare decisions with at-home genetic tests and expert virtual care. We’re bringing genomics into everyday care by automating a complex medical process and making it super simple for individuals and their doctors.
Since launching our first at-home genetic test to guide pregnancy planning in 2019, we’ve earned the trust of thousands of customers and clinicians alike. Since then we’ve also launched a cancer risk test, and there’s a whole lot more to come.
Now we’re gearing up to take on some awesome growth opportunities and deliver high-quality healthcare experiences at an ever-increasing scale and we want your help to take Eugene to the next level!
About the job
This role at Eugene is the perfect opportunity for a passionate, customer focused leader to have a massive impact internally and externally. You will be designing the structure, process, and activities to help our clinical care and care-coordination teams engage with, support, and serve our customers at an ever-increasing scale.
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead our customer and clinical care teams, overseeing the delivery of care to our customers via our software platform and customer help center. You are an empathetic, entrepreneurial, and collaborative people leader with practical experience in leading customer support or customer success teams within a fast-growing business.
Our remote-first care team of 6 is spread across Australia & New Zealand — you’ll nurture and grow this team to build on the high quality of care we’ve delivered so far, while driving operational excellence and maximising organisational effectiveness.
- Lead the leaders. Empower, nurture and grow the Care Coordination and Clinical team leaders to deliver high-quality care experiences to a fast growing customer base.
- Design, implement and maintain care processes and procedures, bringing an experimental and data-driven mindset to continually assessing opportunities for process improvement.
- Actively nurture a positive, engaged and productive work culture in the team with customer experience at its core.
- Establish, track, execute and measure OKRs for the care team in partnership with the leadership team. Accurately measure operational effectiveness metrics, set performance goals for the team, provide feedback to drive results and maintain high customer satisfaction rates.
- Continually optimise our care for growing scale, from customer interaction playbooks to higher-level process design. Improve our quality standards and dive into specific areas that are impediments to achieving customer satisfaction excellence.
- Work in collaboration with all other business functions, consistently delivering great end-to-end customer experience across stages, channels and touchpoints in the customer journey.
- Collaborate with our Product, Logistics & Growth teams to help identify what priorities will improve our customer experience while increasing efficiency.
- Recruit and retain a team that’s passionate about making healthcare accessible and affordable.
- You really, really, really love people — You’re passionate about connecting with people, building long term relationships and helping others be better. You know when to nurture, when to challenge and when to make space for a good unpacking session.
- You love data and process — You know that to deliver a truly amazing customer experience at scale, it’s crucial that we have structures and processes in place to track customer experience, measure their impact and find opportunities to do better.
- You role model — You care deeply about delivering considered, compassionate and convenient healthcare experiences and it shows. You bring a growth mindset, with the ability to lead teams through change and ambiguity, while motivating strong performance.
- You lead, inspire and steer — You can set the vision and goals for your team and know how to steer them in the right direction. You’re comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure everyone is engaged, effective and enjoying themselves.
- You’re highly curious and eager to learn — We’re working to scale a complex medical process to make it simple for individuals and their doctors — it’s something that hasn’t been done before so we are creating the blueprint as we go. You stay ahead of the curve by proactively seeking to fill gaps in your knowledge to understand what might lie ahead.
- 7+ years in customer facing roles and experience leading a team in customer support or customer success
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation and planning.
- Experience working in fast-paced growth environments
- Demonstrated experience in building strong teams of high-performing individuals and leaders
You are looking for:
- A flexible workplace that recognises everyone has responsibilities and joys outside work.
- Challenging, meaningful work that has a positive impact on the lives of our customers.
- Collaboration with a helpful and encouraging team that welcomes you, your ideas and your lived experience.
- A leadership position that grows as our team grows.
- An environment where you will learn something new every day from new healthcare technologies to product development and leadership.
- A company that is committed to doing well by doing good.
How to apply:
Click here to apply and provide a short answer to the following questions:
- Think about a healthcare product that provides a great experience. What makes it notable?
- What challenges in customer care do you think Eugene would face in scaling the business?
If you think you would be a great fit for Eugene but don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above we still encourage you to apply.