As the COVID-19 situation affects people everywhere, Eugene is committed to making sure that our customers and referring healthcare practitioners can count on our at-home genetic testing & online genetic counselling services to make empowered healthcare choices for themselves and their families.
To start, we want you to know that the safety of the people who trust us to be part of their care team, their referring practitioners and the Eugene staff is our absolute top priority, along with doing what we can to help alleviate the pressure on the health system.
Fortunately at Eugene we’ve always been operating online and so, at this stage, our ability to continue to offer our service remains unaffected and uninterrupted. In terms of day-to-day clinical care at Eugene, we are continuing to provide the best care we can to our patients and their doctors.
Everything is online and at-home:
- Tests can be ordered online through the Eugene website.
- All consults are done over video calls — this means that patients can access their pre and post test genetic counselling sessions online from anywhere, at any time. We have before, during and after-hours availability to make things easier for people.
- Saliva kits are mailed directly to your home so they can provide their sample without the need of having to visit pathology clinics.
- Our electronic reporting system continues to see all reports being created and accessed via computer or smart phone, to limit handling.
- We continue to ship test kits Australia wide. 🇦🇺
We’re not expecting a disruption to our turnaround times
- Shipping of human saliva samples remains unaffected by the travel bans
- Our partner lab’s turnaround time is also unaffected so results should be back as per normal, within 3-4 weeks.
We’re doing whatever we can to make things easier
- We know that it’s a hard time for a lot of people managing their finances so we’ve added Afterpay and ZipMoney to add more flexibility to the payment options available.
- We also know that it’s a busy time for everyone so we’ve opened up more before, during and after hours appointments.
- If there’s anything else we can do to help you, please don’t hesitate to send us a note at [email protected] or at (03) 9015 4363.
Our team is taking all necessary precautions
- All Eugene staff have been educated about and equipped with all appropriate biosafety measures to ensure patient samples are handled and shipped in a clean and safe environment.
- Our employees are working from home to protect their own and our communities’ health — we’re fortunate to be able to do this.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns around Eugene, COVID-19, or anything else, we’re always happy to help! Just drop us a line us at any time at [email protected] or at (03) 9015 4363.
Be safe out there,
Team Eugene 💙